Thomas H. Miller is a Triple Win Strategies, LLC (TWS) Contributor. He is a retired Major Defense Acquisition Program (MDAP) Program Manager and Contracting Officer with thirty-three (33) years of Marine Corps and Army Acquisition program experience.
Objective: He uses his experience and expertise to advise and assist companies and Government organizations in navigating the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition and contracting system, to help them achieve their strategic and tactical objectives. Services include conducting market research, developing business/marketing plans, expert solicitation and proposal preparation/review, contract capture and execution, defense Acquisition training, and advising on competitive proposals.
- Successfully managed multiple U.S. Marine Corps armored combat and tactical vehicle programs, including Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles, Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement (MTVR), and Logistics Vehicle Replacement System (LVSR).
- Responsible for executing high-profile, multi-billion dollar system upgrades, including up-armoring High Mobility Multi-Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) and MTVR vehicles during Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom, and a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) for the USMC Family of LAVs.
- As an Army Contracting Officer, managed a multi-billion dollar Foreign Military Sales (FMS) contract that delivered thousands of Light Armored Vehicles for the Saudi Arabian National Guard, among multiple other DoD contracts.
- Completed a one-year rotation on the Joint Staff J-8, serving as acquisition capabilities officer overseeing a portfolio of MDAP Air Force programs, including the Presidential Aircraft Replacement (PAR) and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD).
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III certified in both Program Management and Contracting career fields.
- Achieved Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Published author and public speaker; recognized subject matter expert in Defense acquisition reform, program management, source selection, and contracting.
- Completed Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government “Senior Executive Fellows” course.
- Multiple awards, including two (2) Meritorious Civilian Service medals.
- Contract Specialist - Contracting Officer, US Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, 1983-2000.
- Assistant Project/Product Manager for Light Armored Vehicles, US Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, 2000-2003.
- Project Officer, Marine Corps Tank Systems, Marine Corps Systems Command,
- Program Manager, Marine Air Ground Task Force Expeditionary Family of Fighting Vehicles (MEFFV), Marine Corps Systems Command, 2004-2006.
- Program Manager, Motor Transport, Marine Corps Systems Command, 2006-2008.
- Program Manager, MTVR/LVSR, Program Executive Officer Land Systems, 2008-2011.
- Assistant Program Executive Officer Land Systems (Program Management), 2011-2013.
- Acquisition Requirements Officer, J-8 Capabilities and Acquisition Division, Joint Staff, 2013-2014.
- Program Manager, Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle systems, -
- Program Executive Officer Land Systems, 2014-2016.
- Retired from federal service in September 2016.Formed independent consulting firm – -- Defense Acquisition & Contracting Solutions LLC (DACS) - in January 2017.
Call 920-216-9008 or email email@example.com for fast solutions that fill your resource need.
Call 920-216-9008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for fast solutions that fill your resource need.